“A perfect date is probably something somewhere you can kind of communicate and talk to the person. I don’t like movies as a first date. I don’t think that’s a good idea because you don’t really get to talk to the person. I think taking a walk or just having one on one time with that person is the best.” -Selena Gomez
Going on a first date with someone you really like can be nerve-wracking.
You have to take care of how you look and how you will present yourself, while still being real to who you are. Carrying a great conversation with your date will make a great impression, not only will you look confident carrying the conversation, but it will also show that you are great at communicating your thoughts and feelings.
But how far and how deep should you carry your conversation seeing that it’s the first date? Word of advice, don’t go dropping baby questions in the conversation, it is waaaay too soon to do that!
So, what questions should be asked?
Here are twenty questions to ask during the first date:
- What are you passionate about in life?
- If you followed your dreams as a child, what would you be now?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done?
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve been to?
- What’s important- doing something you love or doing something you’re good at?
- What’s your all-time favorite movie?
- Who inspires you to be better?
- Do you have any regrets in life?
- Do you find it easy opening up to people?
- What are your deal breakers?
- What are three words that people usually use to describe you?
- Do you have a favorite singer or band?
- What type of music do you usually listen to?
- If you could travel to one place right now, where would you go?
- What’s the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?
- How does your family spend the holidays when you were younger?
- Do you have any crazy stories from when you were younger?
- Do you prefer summers or winters?
- Do you have any shows that you love to binge-watch?
- What is your ultimate dream in life?
These questions are guaranteed to show you who your date is, the kind of personality they have, and how compatible you are with each other. It doesn’t cross any lines and will just purely give you an idea of what you’re getting into.
So, the next time you’re going on a first date, communicate your intentions clearly, focus on your date and make sure you’re asking the right questions.